7600 Glover Road
Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1
The experiences of our leaders over years of service are invaluable resources for future leaders. We know that we need a vehicle to transport this information to the next generation of leaders. We hope to see experienced administrators serving new leaders by developing intentional relationships that guide toward faithful, competent and servant-based leadership in our schools.
Learning occurs through many different methods, but perhaps one of the greatest methods for learning about leadership is through relationships. There is great value in studying materials together. We have a list of leadership books and we suggest our participants will choose one to three books to study together and discuss the implications of their learning. Part of the relationship will be a chance to collaborate on projects which are ongoing in each other’s schools. Finally, we hope for transformation in both directions as we utilize our gifts to exchange wisdom and build stronger Christian schools in the process.
The mentorship program is made up of four strategic parts – serve, learn, collaborate and transform. In a nutshell, the plan for the program consists of:
• establishing learning targets in the application process
• regular SKYPE or coffee shop half-hour meetings as it best fits the partners’ schedules
• two separate one-day visits to the mentor and mentee’s schools for shadowing
• one to three books selected from the CPABC leadership book list to be read and be discussed together,
• one CPABC spring conference to be attended together where the partners spend some intentional time together
• a reflection report to be submitted (just a few paragraphs) for the CPABC newsletter or a presentation made at a spring conference so that the membership can see the impact of these relationships
• an online evaluation of the program to be completed at the end of the program
This program is in collaboration with the Society of Christian Schools in BC.
Copyright 2015 -17 Christian Principals Association of BC